Have you been injured because a municipality or governmental entity failed to properly fix a pothole? Replace a missing road sign? Warn of a faulty traffic control device? Injuries that come from this kind of negligence could cause serious disabilities or even death. 

In Kansas City and in other large Missouri cities as well, you will need to move very quickly to protect your rights. You must give written notice to the mayor within 90 days of the occurrence for which such damage is claimed, stating the place where, the time when such injury was received, the character and circumstances of the injury, and that the person injured will claim damages from the city. See R.S.Mo § 82.210

The government maintains our roads and highways. However, responsibility for your accident may go beyond these groups and could include contractors, engineers, etc. Because the government has certain protections, however, these cases are very tough to win. You need lawyers who will advocate on your behalf against these governmental entities and their contractors. Thus, you will need to show that your loved one’s wrongful death claim or your personal injury claim is based on a dangerous condition on the public property and also meets the exceptions found in R.S.Mo § 537.600. 

How We Can Help

It is essential that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Evidence should be gathered quickly because the government can fix the issue or make subsequent repairs before you do anything.

You need a Kansas City lawyer who has experience negotiating with local or state government entities and their contractors, who will tirelessly advocate on your behalf, and who will obtain the maximum compensation for you and/or your family. 

If you or someone you love was injured as a result of governmental negligence, the attorneys at Foster Wallace, LLC can listen to your story and advise you on your next steps. We have helped countless injury victims throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area, and we never collect payment for our services until after your case is won. Call our office today or fill out our online contact form to set up your free initial consultation.