You may have the right to recover damages for your accident injuries if you take the right steps after your accident.
If you've been injured in an Uber accident, you know that the physical and emotional pain can be overwhelming. You may struggle to keep up with medical bills and lost wages while trying to recover from an injury you did not cause. It's important to remember that you don't have to face this difficult time alone. Our experienced Kansas City car accident attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation and justice you deserve.
Three Things to Do After an Uber Accident
The actions that you take after an Uber accident may influence your physical and legal recoveries. As an injured Uber passenger, it's essential to:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don't feel like you are injured, it's best to be checked out by a doctor so that any potential injuries can be treated as soon as possible. Whether you suffer a broken bone, a traumatic brain injury, or another type of traumatic injury, prompt medical attention can help with your physical recovery and provide useful evidence in your car accident claim.
- Gather as much information from the scene of the accident as you can. This includes all parties' contact information, photos of the damage and accident scene, and witness statements. Together, this evidence may help your lawyer prove what caused the crash
- Contact an experienced attorney who specializes in personal injury law. An attorney will help ensure your legal rights are protected and that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. They will also guide you through the entire process and make sure that you don't have any questions about what to do next.
These steps will help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Protect Your Right to Recover Damages After an Uber Accident Injury
You didn't cause the crash, but your recovery will not be automatic. Uber, the Uber driver, and any other drivers involved in the crash may be blaming each other and refusing to compensate you for your injuries. An experienced Kansas City car accident lawyer can help you protect your fair recovery by:
- Identifying the right defendants. A lawyer will help identify the right defendants in an Uber accident by evaluating all of the evidence, gathering witness statements, and reviewing any relevant legal documents. Identifying the correct defendants is essential as they can be held liable for your medical expenses and other damages.
- Negotiating a settlement or filing a lawsuit. An attorney will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. If necessary, your lawyer can also file a lawsuit to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Valuing your damages. When filing a claim after an Uber accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for various types of damages. For example, economic damages refer to things like medical bills and lost wages that are easily calculated by looking at actual costs or documents. Non-economic damages refer to more subjective losses such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and other intangible losses. These types of damages can be more difficult to value, but your lawyer will help make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Uber accidents aren't like other types of car crashes. They are often more complicated.