As a former shareholder at an AmLaw 100 law firm, Brian Wallace has represented corporate clients exclusively for more than a decade. He co-founded Foster Wallace to apply his Big Law experience toward helping small and mid-size clients start and grow their businesses and protect their interests in a cost-effective manner.
Brian provides a full range of transactional and other corporate legal services to help clients, from startups and emerging technology companies to mature operating businesses. He is focused on establishing personal and meaningful relationships with business owners so that he may become a trusted member of their professional teams. Whether through organic growth, sales, or acquisition, Brian is prepared to help strengthen and grow your company.
He has significant experience in drafting, structuring, and negotiating complex acquisitions and divestitures and key commercial agreements in the technology, sports, and insurance industries. Brian also routinely advises clients in connection with capital raises and the host of related federal and state securities and other laws that such transactions implicate.
Brian has lived in the Kansas City metro area for over 30 years and, along with his wife, is raising three school-aged boys. A former Division 1 soccer player, Brian enjoys the meditative and social aspects of endurance sports; he has completed several marathons, triathlons, and half Ironman events. In law as well as athletics, Brian is hardworking and competitive, always digging deep for the best result.
- Represented Fortune 500 company based out of Japan in connection with a joint venture for the ownership and operation of a vaccine manufacturing facility linked to HHS’s Centers for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing, and the follow-on acquisition of 100% ownership thereof.
- Represented Power 5 collegiate conference in connection with license of media rights to major television and media partners valued at billions of dollars, bowl agreements, and venue agreements for conference championship events.
- Represented NFL football club in connection with several sponsorship, suite, and other related agreements, and advised client on policy and other day-to-day operational matters.
- Represented the world’s largest privately owned, independent insurance brokerage firm in connection multiple acquisitions and other similar transactions.
- Represented large national insurer and agency in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, reinsurance agreements, and third-party administrator agreements.
- Represented Chicago-based technology start-up in connection with capital raises (including through SAFE agreements), founder buy-outs, incentive equity plans and awards, and other capital transactions.
- Represented healthcare software company in an exit transaction valued at $60+ million.
- Represented publicly traded newspaper publisher in multiple joint ventures.
- Advised multiple start-ups participating in MATTER, a Chicago-based incubator connecting healthcare entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, Legal Issues in College Realignment, Johnson County Bar Association, September 2013
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, 2008
- UMKC Law Review
- B.A., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2003
- Missouri, 2008
- Kansas, 2009