If you or a loved one were hurt in a Belton accident due to another person’s negligent actions, you might be entitled to compensation from the liable party. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer can help you understand the complex personal injury laws in Missouri and how they apply to your specific case.
At Foster Wallace, LLC, we have the experience to handle a wide range of personal injury cases and will fight to get you a full and fair recovery. Don’t be pressured by insurance companies to settle your claim without first contacting our office. Once you agree to a settlement, you will not be able to demand more money for your claim. We can negotiate against big insurance companies, review any proposed settlements, and ensure your best interests are kept as a priority.
Types of Belton Personal Injury Cases
At Foster Wallace, LLC, our attorneys have the experience to handle various types of personal injury cases, such as:
A majority of personal injury cases result from car accidents. Serious and often fatal injuries can occur if a driver is negligent and causes a collision. Car accident injuries can often require ongoing medical care, making the financial burden overwhelming to victims and their families. Foster Wallace, LLC, will fight to ensure you recover the compensation you need.
Truck accidents are handled much differently than car accidents since multiple parties can be held liable for the accident and your injuries. Due to the complex nature of truck accident cases, you need a lawyer who understands the industry and can go against the big trucking companies. A lawyer can make sure your legal rights stay protected, and that you recover the full amount of compensation for your injuries or loss.
In Belton, walking, biking, or using a scooter are popular forms of transportation. If a driver of a car or truck is distracted and does not see a walker or cyclist in their path, an accident can occur that results in serious or fatal injuries. Our team of lawyers can help you recover the compensation you deserve by determining who is liable for your accident and injuries.
Since riders have little protection against other vehicles on the road, they are vulnerable to various injuries. If an accident is due to another driver’s negligence, the attorneys at Foster Wallace, LLC can help motorcycle accident victims seek compensation from the liable party and recover the damages they are entitled to receive.
A property owner’s responsibility is to keep their premises safe for those visiting or staying at their residence or place of business. If they fail to provide a duty of care to their guests or visitors, a premises liability or slip and fall accident could occur. Slip and fall accidents can result from not cleaning up a spill right away, broken or missing handrails, uneven floor surfaces, or poor lighting.
Nursing home neglect happens when you entrust the care of your elderly loved one to a nursing home or assisted living center, and they fail to take care of them properly. Doctors, nurses, or other caretakers can be held liable for nursing home neglect if they injured or abused your loved one while in their care.
A medical malpractice injury can occur if a medical professional, such as a doctor, does not reasonably take care of their patients to avoid mistakes or complications. If a medical professional acts negligently or provides inadequate treatment, we can work to hold them liable for any injuries or losses that you suffered.
Dog bites can cause serious injuries such as disfigurement, infections, or broken bones. If a dog owner is negligent and fails to restrain a dog they know is a risk, they can be held liable for the injuries caused by the dog bite. Our team of lawyers can help you recover a fair settlement after suffering a dog bite in Missouri.
Athletes of all ages can be injured due to the negligence of another person or organization. Sports injuries can occur for many reasons, and different parties can be held responsible. Whether it is due to a lack of proper safety equipment, reckless misconduct of a coach, or the organization failing to abide by the rules of the game, we can help you recover compensation for your injuries or loss.
If you lost your loved one due to a sudden death that resulted from another party’s negligent or reckless actions, you might be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation and to receive justice for the death of your family member. Schedule a consultation with our attorneys to find out more about how we can help with your case.
Serious Types of Personal Injuries
Many types of injuries can result from a personal injury accident. Injuries can cause permanent disability or alter a person’s life. At Foster Wallace, LLC, we can help personal injury clients with the following types of injuries:
- Back or neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Severe burns
- Paralysis or loss of limbs
- Wrongful death
Possible Personal Injury Damages
The skilled attorneys at Foster Wallace, LLC, help personal injury victims in Missouri recover damages for their injuries or loss. Our team can calculate the value of your case and work to get you the total amount of compensation you are entitled to receive.
Since there is a statute of limitations in Missouri for filing a personal injury lawsuit, you will want to file your claim as soon as possible. An attorney can make sure you file a claim within the deadline. In Missouri, you have five years from the date of the accident to file a claim. If you do not file within the timeframe, your case will be dismissed by the court, and you will not be able to recover compensation.
If another party is found responsible for the accident, you could be entitled to the following damages:
- Past, present, and future medical costs
- Lost income
- Loss of potential future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- Physical therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
Steps to Take After an Accident
If you were involved in a Belton, MO, accident that resulted in injury, there are several actions to take that ensure your legal rights stay protected as well as your possible compensation. These include:
- Call 911. Notifying law enforcement of the accident should be done immediately. The police or accident report can be used as evidence for your case.
- Seek medical care for any injuries. It is essential to get any injuries checked out by a medical professional, even if they initially seem minor. If you deny medical care after an accident, this can be used to prove that your injuries may not be as severe as you claim.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene. Gathering and preserving evidence from the scene of the accident are essential elements that can be used for your case. If you can stay at the accident scene, try to gather as much evidence as possible. This can include photos of the accident and your injuries, contact information for other parties involved, and information for any eyewitnesses that saw what happened.
- Contact a Belton personal injury attorney. Contacting the personal injury attorneys at Foster Wallace, LLC, immediately after an accident can ensure your legal rights and possible compensation stay protected. An attorney can determine if you have a case and, if you do, can help you pursue the damages you deserve.
Mistakes to Avoid After a Missouri Accident
After being injured in an accident, you may not be thinking clearly and have a million things on your mind. This can lead to costly mistakes that can put your possible compensation at risk. There are several mistakes to avoid, such as:
- Discussing your case publicly. This can be either in person or by posting online on various social media sites. Whatever you say or post can be used against your claim.
- Talking to insurers. You most likely will be contacted by an insurance adjuster soon after the accident. They may try to persuade you to settle the claim for less than your case is worth. You do not have to talk to insurers without the advice of a lawyer.
- Failing to contact a lawyer after the accident. Most attorneys will provide a free initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose by contacting one immediately after an accident. An attorney can help you avoid costly mistakes and advise you of your legal rights and options.
Contact Our Belton Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one were hurt in a Belton, Missouri accident, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our experienced team of personal injury lawyers at Foster Wallace, LLC, can provide a free consultation to discuss your case and are ready to help you get the legal help you need. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us online or call us at 816-249-2101.