Were you or someone you are close to injured during an athletic competition? You may have a cause of action against the responsible party if that person was reckless.
To show someone was reckless, you may consider the following factors (among others):
- The specific game involved
- The ages of the participants
- The degree of zest with which the game was played
- The types of risks inherent in the game and outside the realm of reasonable anticipation
- The game’s rules or customs
- The presence or absence of protective uniforms or equipment
Liability for Sports Injury Cases in Kansas City
To make your case after a sports injury in Missouri, you must show a basis for the defendant’s duty to act; the omission or commission by the defendant that involves recklessness; and your resulting injury from the defendant’s actions. If you were not harmed by another participant in a sporting event, you still may have a negligent or intentional tort claim against a third party, such as the sport’s sponsor.
Have You Experienced a Sports Injury in Kansas City?
If you've experienced in a sports injury in Kansas City you should speak with an experienced sports injury attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.249.2101 to schedule your free consultation.