A serious injury can disrupt every facet of your life. You may be unable to work, forced to travel to doctor visits or rehabilitative therapy appointments, and cope with crippling pain and emotional fallout throughout your recovery. You may also be struggling to pay your bills and daily expenses, adding financial stress to your already overwhelming burden. Our legal team takes over the fight for injury victims throughout Kansas and Missouri, allowing them time to heal without risking the compensation they are owed.
Our Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys Assist Victims With All Types of Injuries & Accidents
Kansas City personal injury attorneys Michael Foster and Brian Wallace provide tenacious representation to injury clients, giving them the answers and advice they need in one of the most challenging times of their lives. As experienced accident attorneys, we know that many victims don’t have the funds to pay for legal expenses. We remove this obstacle from our clients by taking injury cases on a contingency fee basis, only collecting payment from clients if we have secured compensation for their losses.
Our attorneys can provide guidance on a wide variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe for visitors. Victims who are injured on another’s property due to lax maintenance, uneven stairs, poor lighting, missing handrails, or negligent security may be able to recover compensation.
- Medical Malpractice. Serious injuries can occur due to the unintentional acts of medical professionals. We can determine whether a physician, nurse, medical facility, or other entity’s negligence played a part in your injury.
- Sports Injuries. Athletes across all disciplines are at risk of trauma every time they walk onto the field. We can investigate whether a student or adult athletics injury was caused by negligence on the part of the coach, property owner, or maintenance crews.
- Nursing Home Neglect. Unfortunately, elder abuse is common in nursing homes, and facilities and caretakers may be liable if a resident is injured due to neglect, overmedication, physical abuse, or other trauma.
- Dog Bites. Pet owners can be held responsible for medical costs of infection, broken bones, reconstructive surgery, or psychological therapy if their animals bite or attack a victim.
- Wrongful Death. If you have suffered a sudden death in the family that could have been caused by negligence, we can investigate the incident and pursue a legal claim on your behalf, giving you the privacy and time you need to grieve your loss.
Damages Available in a Kansas City Personal Injury Case
It is wrong to expect people who have suffered an injury to pay for the expenses of the accident—especially if the injury was caused by someone else. While no amount of money can make it as though the accident never happened, we can fight to get you compensation for bills stemming from your injury and seek a financial award to prevent your injury from causing future losses.
We can help you recover economic damages (loss of money or expenses incurred as a result of your accident) and non-economic damages (intangible losses) related to your injury, including:
- Medical Expenses and Bills. A negligent party may be held liable for your past and future medical expenses related to your injury, including primary care visits, physical therapy, medications, diagnostic tests (such as x-rays or scans), and medical costs you are likely to incur in the future.
- Loss of Earnings. Loss of earnings can include regular wages you were unable to make due to your injury, but also loss of overtime and bonus payments. It may also include loss of future earnings or loss of your pension from an inability to do your former job or work full time.
- Pain and Suffering. Injury victims may recover compensatory damages for bodily pain, humiliation, mental anguish, and other injuries caused by extreme negligence.
- Property Damages. Your claim may include an amount to compensate you for any property losses, such as repairs to your vehicle and its contents after a car accident.
- Loss of Consortium. As an injury to a victim can cause a loss to his or her partner, spouses may file a loss of consortium claim in addition to an injury or wrongful death claim. These claims compensate spouses of injury victims for lost society and companionship, loss of services, loss of assistance with household chores, lost conjugal rights, and the loss of emotional support that would have continued if the injury had not occurred.
- Funeral and Burial Expenses. Spouses who have been forced to pay for the funeral and burial of a loved one killed through negligence can recover these costs in a wrongful death case.
- Punitive Damages. Punitive damages are intended as a punishment for the negligent party’s reckless behavior. These damages are only awarded if the defendant’s conduct is considered to be outrageous due to evil motive or reckless indifference.
Foster Wallace assists injury victims across the Kansas City metropolitan area, and we do not collect any fees until after your case is won. If you or someone you love is struggling after an injury, call our office today or fill out our online contact form to set up your free initial consultation.
Foster Wallace Client Reviews
" Brian and Michael were terrific in helping me in my case. They made the process extremely simple, which made the situation way less stressful. They both are very responsive and do a great job at explaining tricky situation. If you are looking for legal help I would 100% suggest you reach out to them."