Recover Damages after a Hit and Run AccidentIf you are injured in a hit and run accident, you should contact the police immediately. If the police are unable to identify the driver, you might be able to get your own insurance company to cover some or all of your losses. In Missouri, you are required to purchase uninsured motorist coverage (sometimes referred to as UM coverage). Thus, if you were hit by an uninsured motorist or a driver that fled the scene, you would turn to your own insurance company and make a UM claim.


Brian Wallace
Connect with me
Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney