Uber accidents can be complicated, leaving victims uncertain about the compensation they may be entitled to after a wreck. In the Kansas City area, as in other cities, Uber provides convenient transportation options, but accidents involving these rideshare vehicles require careful navigation of both legal and insurance landscapes. At Foster Wallace, LLC, we are committed to helping Uber accident victims understand and claim the damages they deserve after being injured in an uber wreck.
Types of Damages for Uber Accident Victims
Economic Damages: These are out-of-pocket expenses that can be calculated and proven with documentation. Economic Damages include:
- Medical Expenses: medical costs, as well as ongoing rehabilitation or therapy.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the time you were unable to work due to the accident.
- Property Damage: Costs to repair or replace your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the accident.
Non-Economic Damages: These damages are more subjective and compensate for non-financial losses, such as:
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain and emotional distress resulting from the accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Compensation for the inability to engage in leisure activities or hobbies.
- Emotional Distress: Anxiety, depression, and other psychological effects of the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In very rare cases where the at-fault party’s behavior is found to be willfully negligent or malicious, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar conduct. Again, this is very rare.
How an Uber Accident Lawyer Can Maximize Your Compensation
Case Evaluation: We start by evaluating the facts of your case, determining the full scope of your damages, and identifying all potential sources of compensation.
Navigating the Medical Treatment: Foster Wallace can help you by assisting you in finding treatment options for your injuries and working with doctors and other medical providers who may be able to treat you but defer payment for their services until you settle your case.
Insurance Negotiations: We deal directly with insurance companies to negotiate fair settlements, considering all the damages you have suffered. Typically, in an Uber accident, there will be multiple insurance policies at issue that the lawyer will be dealing with.
Legal Expertise: Our experienced attorneys understand the nuances of Uber accident claims in Kansas City and will leverage this expertise in your favor.
Advocacy and Representation: If pre-suit negotiations do not result in a fair settlement, we are prepared to represent you in court to fight for the damages you are entitled to by filing a lawsuit.
The Importance of Acting Quickly: Both Kansas and Missouri’s statute of limitations sets a deadline for filing a lawsuit. Acting quickly ensures that you don't lose your right to compensation due to procedural technicalities.